or "But WAIT- there's more!"
Once all the buildings were done, I realized that there really should be some form of external traverse, so it was off to the hobby store to pick up some Plastruct ladders and stairs. You can see in the photos that there are three different lengths in order to be more useful.
Rather than make the ladders permanent, I carved out "hooks" from styrene sheet, making the ladders much like what you'd see on a large motor boat. They're removable and slide on and off the roof top ledges very easily. I'll probably paint them, eventually.
At the Home Depot one afternoon, I decided to check out the plumbing isle. They have a large number of metal and PVC fittings that have terrain potential. I picked up a pair of PVC pipe end-caps for about $3.50 each. Once painted and given a bit of greeblie plumbing, they look quite good. Also, they're very sturdy.
In order to not lose my mind entirely, I asked OSH if he'd be willing to paint up the wall sections that I'd built earlier. He agreed, so I whisked them up to his place on the weekend. There are close to 25 segments, but it should be an easy job. As fate would have it, he managed to snag a very large painting comission the next day, so the walls will wait.
To add more color, I ordered some transparent flurorescent acrylic sheets for use as holo-boards and force-field walls. I'll post those next time.