Monday, February 13, 2012

Showcase: Sun Tze

A bit of eye candy. Since our weekly game got snowed out last time, and I've got nothing worth sharing from the "in progress" catalogue, I thought I'd post a few photos of Sun Tze.


I entered him in an online competition via the Infinity forum back in December. He didn't make the final cut, but that's fine- he does fairly well on the game board with Stragegos L3 and some other nifty features.


The mini features some freehand details on the cloak and shoulder pad, and for fun I tried doing some OSL on his gauntlet.


The only thing I'm not happy with is how a relatively thick mold line runs right down one of his eyes. I just couldn't get rid of all of it.

4 comments:

  1. That is some insanely good freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, the freehand looks great, and the source lighting is good to because its nice and subtle.

    oink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking dragon indeed! Makes me want to try something similar. This miniature however is one of the few that makes me go 'meh'. It's not bad exactly but certainly below the Corvus Belli's otherwise high standard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think it's one of the older miniatures in the Infinity line. Not quite as bad as the old Shaolin Monk, but he proportions are "heroic" in comparison to the newer sculpts, even for a Heavy Infantry unit. Still, I liked the huge blank canvas of his cloak, and the ISSA doesn't have many options for Characters. LOL.

    ReplyDelete