Thursday, September 5, 2013

ITS @ NOVA Open 2013: Game 1 (Supply Run) vs. Qapu Khalki

For my first game, I played against Todd, a delightful chap from North Carolina who subsequently bashed my teeth in on first turn. He brought Qapu Khalqi, while I brought my two combat group list.

Todd's list:

 QAPU KHALQI
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
 GROUP 1 (Regular: 9/Irregular: 1):
 DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 36)
 DJANBAZAN Doctor Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (32)
 HAFZA Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)
 HAFZA Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)
 HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (24)
 HAWWA' Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
 ODALISQUE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (25)
 ODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
 ODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
 YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (11)
 GROUP 2 (Regular: 1/Irregular: 1):
 REMOTO SHIHAB HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)
 YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (11)
 5 SWC | 296 Points
ARMY CODE: eNoli8ERACEMAquBfzC5ORvzZfFG/CzDMuQAND8UimLsYjWTYXbun8O8q+xl8zhtok+Ui7DyABceEt4=



My Para-Commandos came in on the right flank, but there was really nothing I could do after
his Odalisques got done with my Chasseur.
 
Todd got first turn, which was all he needed. He deployed his linked team of Djanbazans in the center, his Haris Fireteam of Odalisques on the flank, and his Shihab Remote on the building for some really nice ground cover. I deployed my Tankhunters and infiltrators in cover, with the hope of taking out his remote from combat camo. Unfortunately, that did not occur.
His Yuan Yuans landed in my back field. While I was able to take out one of them that scattered, the other one came behind me and demolished both of my doctors and my Autocannon (in trying to shoot, I rolled misses on 15, 18, and 20). After that, his Odalisque Fireteam came out, smoked out my Chasseur and grabbed one of the crates.
My turn was fairly ineffectual, trying to maneuver my remaining Tankhunter to take out his Remote without signaling to the Odalisques (who have Sixth Sense L2, which really hampered my options). My Para-Commando HMG came in, and died in a firefight with the Remote.

The remainder of the game was Todd really cleaning house with his Odalisques, claiming objectives. I had a hard time with countering him, and since my secret objective was Experimental Drug and he killed my two doctors in turn one, I lost 0-9. All in all, it was a dispiriting game, but Todd was a really cool guy to play against, and he played smart.

Odalisques are pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment