Thursday, September 5, 2013

ITS @ NOVA Open 2013: Game 5 (Annihilation) vs. JSA

I was actually feeling rather good about this scenario. My forces tend to be very good at killing, and maybe not as good as doing other objectives. Nonetheless, I lost this round, but not from a lack of trying. My opponent, SirNicholas, was playing JSA. He was a very good opponent, and I enjoyed playing against him, even though (rather, especially because) he beat me soundly.

SirNicholas' List:

 JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
 GROUP 1 (Regular: 10/Irregular: 0):
 OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (34)
 TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
 YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (3)
 YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (3)
 ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
 ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
 HARAMAKI Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 47)
 HARAMAKI Blitzen, Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (33)
 HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, DA CCW. (28)
 HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, DA CCW. (28)
 HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, DA CCW. (28)
 KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
 4.5 SWC | 300 Points
ARMY CODE: eNozMlZVNTYwUDXRM1U1NFIzUjOsMTRQMwRSRobIlDFYCkKaqZmASWMwaYRGGoHEVctMAF9XE6w=





He deployed very smart, setting up his linked team of Haramakis on the top of the building, prone. He won first turn, and he spent the entire first turn cleaning up my backfield with his Aragotos. I admit, I panicked and, against my better judgement, brought my Tankhunters and Cateran out of camo to deal with the Aragotos. They subsequently died, which should serve as a lesson to all you Ariadna players –DON’T reveal camo markers in ARO! I panicked and paid the price.
My only hope was Van Zant and HMG coming in the back field and laying down some fire on the Haramakis. Now, this is where linked teams are especially useful, in the defensive. His Sixth Sense L2 allowed him to immediately react to my HMG. It is fortunate that my HMG survived as long as he did, but ultimately he only caused one wound, which was not enough to stem the tide of battle.

What was useful was Uxia running up the flank and placing a D-Charge, thus giving me one of my objectives. I was also able to bring my Tankhunter with AP HMG back from unconscious. This secured me my two secret objectives (Sabotage and Experimental Drug).
Over the course of the next turn, my opponent spent a lot of time on my lieutenant, eventually sending him into unconscious (but not dead). Eventually, he took out the rest of my force fairly handily, and he ended up winning 7-5. He was not able to claim one of his secret objectives, which was to send the lieutenant into Dead. That’s always a tough one to finish.

For the record, SirNicholas had a beautiful JSA army painted up, and he righteously earned Best Painted on Saturday. He and Bloodgod also won 1st Place at the Team Tournament on Sunday. So, congrats to him - he was a top-notch player and painter.

1 comment:

  1. That's the JSA list I'm making! Well except for the chain of command guy and oyama.

    ReplyDelete